Microsoft administered ‘MS Outlook’ needs no introduction! It is one of the best and widely used email client desktop programs that offer the opportunity to configure more than one email account on its platform in order to access them without any obstacle. Thus, considering the several benefits that MS Outlook provides for managing your personal as well as professional emails more efficiently, if you hold an email account on SBCGlobal that you want to configure on Outlook and need technical guidance on the same then, luckily you’re reading the right blog!
Although you can set up multiple email accounts on MS Outlook, the reason why we’ve decided to mention the SBCGlobal email account configuration process in today’s blog is mainly because SBCGlobal is the one of the most popular and prevalent email service providers around the globe. Managed by AT&T, this service is quite reliable in nature and thus with having several exciting features, it has successfully managed to attract the strong base of millions of users.
So, all the users of SBCGlobal will get to know here about the complete guidance on how to set up an SBCGlobal email account on MS Outlook platform including all the ‘Prerequisites’ that are essential to fulfill before adding up SBCGlobal email account on MS Outlook. Now, without wasting any second further, let’s begin!
List of Requirements to Fulfill in Advance for Setting-Up SBCGlobal Email Account on MS Outlook
After meeting these prerequisites though you can start the process of setting up your SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook program but, we suggest you to first run your MS Outlook program in ‘Safe Window Mode’ which disables add-ins that might interfere in the configuration process. So, perform these below-given steps to ‘Run MS Outlook in Safe Window Mode:’
- Firstly, press the ‘Win + R’ key together until a ‘Run Dialog box’ pops-up in front of you.
- Then, put the cursor inside that ‘Windows Run Dialog Box’s text field.
- After doing so, type ‘Outlook.exe/Safe Mode’ and just press the ‘Enter’ button.
- That’s it! Doing so will run your MS Outlook program in ‘Safe Window Mode.’
[Note: Running MS Outlook in Safe Window Mode is not a compulsory step, if you wish you can skip this step completely.]
Now, you’re all set to begin the process of configuring your SBCGlobal email account on MS Outlook program. Therefore, have all your attention here on the below-mentioned steps that you need to execute for adding your SBCGlobal email account on MS Outlook:
Steps to Configure SBCGlobal Email Account on MS Outlook
- Step 1- Start the configuration process by launching MS Outlook program (no matter what version of the Outlook application you have) on your computer’s desktop. To do so, open ‘Windows Start Menu’ by pressing the ‘Windows logo’ key and selecting the ‘Outlook icon’ from there.
- Step 2 – Once you launched the program, navigate yourself to its menu bar in order to click on either the ‘File’ tab or the ‘Tools’ section (basically, it is completely based on your Outlook’s version).
- Step 3 – Then, you need to head towards the ‘Account Settings’ in the ‘Info Group’ to select the same option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4 – Doing so will open the ‘Account Settings’ page in front of you and there, what you have to do is click on the option of ‘New’ which is there under the ‘Email’ tab.
- Step 5 – Next, you have to select the ‘Microsoft Exchange, IMAP, HTTP or POP3’ option and as soon as you select the same, move forward by clicking on the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 6 – On the next page, select the checkbox that states—‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and again, hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 7- Following that, you’ve to select the ‘Internet Email’ option and once again, press the ‘Next’ button to move further with the configuration process.
- Step 8 – Now, on the subsequent screen you’ll be provided with some blank space under the ‘User Information’ tab where you’ve to enter the following given information—
- Your Name: (Enter your Full Name)
- Your Email Address: (Enter your Email ID of SBCGlobal)
- Step 9 – After inputting all the required details, move further onto the ‘Server Information’ section to select either ‘IMAP or POP’ server as per your preference.
- Step 10 – In continuation, hit the option of ‘More Settings’ to go to the ‘Outgoing server tab’ and there, make sure that both ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and ‘use the same settings as my incoming mail server’ checkboxes are tick-marked.
- Step 11 – Once you’re done with the aforementioned steps, direct yourself towards the ‘Advanced tab’ to enter the ‘SBCGlobal.net IMAP Mail Server Settings for Outlook’ if you’ve selected ‘IMAP’ as your account type. Similarly, if you’ve selected ‘POP’ as your account type then, you should rather enter the ‘SBCGlobal.net POP Mail Server Settings for Outlook’ that are mentioned right here for all Outlook versions respectively!