As SBCGlobal is now merged with AT&T, many users of SBCGlobal email service don’t like the overall interface of AT&T webmail and thus, they prefer using their SBCGlobal email account through email clients like MS Outlook.
However, at times, complaints like SBCGlobal not working on Outlook, are often reported by the same users. Thus, today we’ve come out with this blog on how SBCGlobal users troubleshoot the issue of ‘SBCGlobal.net email not working with MS Outlook.’ So, if you’re also one of those SBCGlobal users who’re trying hard to deal with the same issue, then this blog is all that you need!
Considering the list of reasons like “antivirus interruption, wrong email settings on Outlook and improper configuration of SBCGlobal on MS Outlook” behind why ‘SBCGlobal.net Email stopped Working with MS Outlook’ email client; we’ve mentioned the total of 8 troubleshooting solutions to fix the same ‘SBCGlobal email Not Working with MS Outlook’ issue.
List of 8 Solutions to Fix ‘SBCGlobal.net Email Not Working With MS Outlook’ Issue
|Check the Installed or By-Default Available Antivirus|
|Ensure your SBCGlobal Email Account Is Properly Configured by Verifying Configuration Settings|
|Remove Your SBCGlobal Email Profile from MS Outlook Email Client|
|Run MS Outlook in Safe Window Mode|
|Re-add/Re-configure your SBCGlobal Email Account with MS Outlook|
|Use IMAP Rather than POP account|
|Try Out Google DNS|
|Use a Different Email Client|
1. Check Your Antivirus
The very first step would be to check your antivirus that you’ve either installed or that is by-default available on your device. While checking, you’ve to make sure that it’s not interfering with your Outlook application because sometimes, antivirus programs can interfere with other software programs. So, if that’s the case then, try disabling your antivirus program on a temporary basis to ensure whether disabling the antivirus fixes the issue or not.
2. Verify the Configuration Server Settings of SBCGlobal Email Service for MS Outlook Email Client
If the above-mentioned solution doesn’t work then, your next step would be to ensure that your SBCGlobal email account is properly configured with MS Outlook email client. It is so because if your SBCGlobal email account isn’t properly configured, then you may come across various issues especially the one we’re discussing today. So, in order to ensure whether your SBCGlobal email account is properly configured with Outlook or not; you need to verify that the IMAP or POP settings that you might have used while configuring SBCGlobal on MS Outlook are similar to the following below-mentioned correct SBCGlobal Outlook settings—
SBCGlobal Email Settings for IMAP Account Type
SBCGlobal Email Settings for POP Account Type
|Incoming Email Server: imap.mail.att.net||Incoming Email Server: inbound.att.net|
|Incoming Port: 993||Incoming Port: 995|
|Outgoing Email Server: smtp.mail.att.net||Outgoing Email Server: outbound.att.net|
|Outgoing Port: 465||Outgoing Port: 465|
|Encrypted Connection: SSL||Encrypted Connection: SSL|
Requires authentication: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes
[Note: These are the SBCGlobal configuration settings for MS Outlook that you must use to let your SBCGlobal email account work effectively and smoothly with Outlook.]
3. Remove your SBCGlobal Email Profile from MS Outlook Email Client
After verifying the configuration settings, if the problem still continues then, you can try another workaround of removing and re-adding your SBCGlobal email profile. However, in doing so, don’t worry about your SBCGlobal emails because they’ll remain available on the server. So, without any worry, first of all remove your SBCGlobal email profile from MS Outlook via these following steps—
- To remove your added SBCGlobal email profile from MS Outlook, first launch the program on your respective device.
- Once launched, go to its ‘File’ section and from the file’s menu list, select the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Manage Profiles’ option under the account settings section.
- Next, you’ve to select the ‘Show Profiles’ option to open it.
- From the show profiles section, simply choose your ‘SBCGlobal.net email account.’
- After selecting the same, click right on your SBCGlobal email account so that its contextual menu will appear in front of you.
- And, in the end, click on the ‘Remove’ button from the available contextual menu to finally remove your configured SBCGlobal email account from MS Outlook email client.
Now, once you’re done removing your SBCGlobal email profile from MS Outlook, what next you’ve to do is re-configure it properly on the same platform. However, before you start the reconfiguration process, let us suggest that you should first run Outlook in Safe mode.
4. Run MS Outlook Program in Safe Window Mode
It is definitely an effective way to deal with the given issue of ‘SBCGlobal email not working on Outlook’ because the same could have a relation with the ‘interference of some add-ons with Outlook.’ So, to avoid such interference you can start MS Outlook in Safe Window mode and for that you need to execute these steps—
- For running MS Outlook in Safe window mode, you’ve to first press the ‘Windows + R’ keys shortcut together.
- Once you do so, a pop-up box namely ‘Windows Run Dialog Box’ will appear on the screen.
- Inside that dialog box, you’ve to type ‘Outlook/SafeMode’ in the given blank space.
- After typing the same, simply press the ‘Enter’ button.
- This will execute your command to open your MS Outlook program in ‘Safe Window Mode.’
5. Re-add or Re-Configure SBCGlobal Email Account in MS Outlook Email Client
Now, you’re all prepared to start the reconfiguration process of adding your SBCGlobal email account on MS Outlook email client from the beginning. However, if anyhow you’re not fully aware of the correct procedure of how to set up SBCGlobal.net email on Outlook then, you can simply use the below-mentioned steps of the same—
- To reconfigure your SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook, again launch the program and go to its ‘Files’ tab.
- From the file’s menu, click on the ‘Account Settings’ option and under it, open the ‘Email Tab.’
- Then, click on the ‘New’ option from the ‘Email Tab’ to simply launch the ‘Add New Account wizard.’
- Next, click on the checkbox that states—“Manual setup or additional server types” under the ‘New E-mail Account’ dialog box that opens in front of you. In continuation, you’ve to hit the ‘Next’ button to reach onto the ‘Choose Service’ page.
- On the ‘Choose Service’ page, simply click on the radio button of the ‘Internet Email’ option. And, again hit the ‘Next’ button to further open the ‘Internet E-mail Settings’ window
- There, you’ve to first enter your SBCGlobal email account’s ‘Username and Email Address’ inside the ‘User Information’ fields.
- After entering the user-details, move onto the ‘Server Information’ section and click on the drop-down icon of the ‘Account Type’ option. There, you’ve to either select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ protocol.
[Note: You can consider switching to IMAP from POP or vice-versa in case, if one type of protocol setting doesn’t work properly.]
- In continuation, you also have to fill out the (above-mentioned) SBCGlobal email server settings for Outlook based on whether you’ve selected ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP3’ protocol.
- Moving forward, onto the ‘Logon Information’ section, enter the following information of your SBCGlobal email account—
- Email Address: Enter your SBCGlobal Email or User ID
- Password: Enter your SBCGlobal Email Account Password
- Login with Security: Enter ‘SSL’ as Encrypted Connection
And, in the end, click on the ‘Test Account Settings’ along with the ‘Next’ button to ensure whether this time you’ve properly configured your SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook or not.
- So, based on the test result, if everything seems fine, click on the ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ button to close the reconfiguration process.
6. Use IMAP Instead of POP Protocol
As noticed, mostly those users encounter issues with SBCGlobal account and Outlook who prefer using POP protocol rather than IMAP. So, in case you’re also using a POP protocol account then, consider changing it to IMAP account because IMAP is a newer and more advanced protocol version between the two. Also, IMAP allows you to sync your emails across all devices. Thus, as recommended by many, use IMAP to make sure you get rid of the given issue.
7. Try Google DNS
Sometimes, the possible cause behind the given issue is nothing but your DNS Server. So, in case if the ‘SBCGlobal email not working with Outlook’ issue is caused by the DNS server then, you should definitely try switching to Google’s DNS via these following steps—
- To try switching to Google’s DNS, first you’ve to type ‘Network’ in the ‘Windows Search Bar.’
- Then, click on the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option to open the same.
- Under the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ window, select the ‘Change adapter settings’ option to reach onto the next ‘Network Connections’ window.
- Next, you’ve to click right on the same network that you’re using and from the contextual menu that appears, select its ‘Properties’ option.
- After that, select the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4/ (TCP/IPv4)’ from your network properties.
In continuation, you’ve to again press the ‘Properties’ option from the drop-down menu to simply select the ‘Use following DNS server addresses.’
Inside it, enter ‘188.8.131.52’ in front of the ‘preferred’ and ‘184.108.40.206’ in front of ‘Alternate’ DNS Server.
Now, click on the ‘OK’ button to save the applied changes and to ensure whether the ‘SBCGlobal email not working 2019’ issue has been resolved or not.
8. Use Different Email Clients
Last but not least, if nothing works and still you want to use an email client to access your SBCGlobal email account then, you can try out “Mailbird.” It’s a winner of 2020s ‘Most popular mail alternative’ especially for Outlook email client.That’s it! These above-mentioned are some of the easy troubleshooting solutions that you can implement with a motive to completely resolve the ‘SBCGlobal email not working with MS Outlook’ issue.